Want to set up an online marketing campaign for your company website? Before you get started, you should know that the structural design of a website and SEO are interlinked. You need to have a SEO friendly design of your website besides being compelling, to get the highest ROI on SEO. In case you decide to build your site afresh, or by means of a pre-built template, it’s crucial to understand how you can build a SEO-friendly website that ensures advanced search engine visibility, maximum traffic and encourages user interaction. Below are a few inputs before you initiate your website redesign or marketing campaign:
- A meaningful Keyword rich URL: Search Engines better understand URLs that reveal your key product/service or brand. Choose a URL that clearly specifies the subject of your content. Avoid using ID numbers, special characters and irrelevant terms. Go for hyphens instead of underscores in between key words to create space between words.
- Write a lot of interesting and informative content: Visitors appreciate information from credible sources, especially when backed by data and justification. Whatever be the subject of your website, generate original content for every aspect of your business, addressing every user category who is related to your industry. This will ensure they keep coming back to you for your invaluable content. Goes without saying, search engines will automatically index your website for the keywords that you will be naturally spreading across your web pages.
- Trouble–free navigation is a key to success: The more agile the navigation, the longer a visitor stays on your webpage – for the wrong reasons. And chances of coming back are slim after a poor experience. Simple designs offer best visitor experience and helps direct attention to the actual content or subject matter. Offer hassle free site navigation with breadcrumbs that will help them navigate effortlessly. The best positions for the navigation menu so far have been the top of the page, and the left side of the page, vertically down. Also try not to exceed 10 items on your menu which keeps the surfing smooth.
- Explore the keywords: A comprehensive keyword research is most important for the SEO of your website, to find out the explicit terms and phrases probable visitors are using in their searches. This would help you to focus on popular sub categories as well. Use Google Keyword Planner to help you out. This task should get started from the very inception of your website. Use this information when designing your site content.
- Align Social Media accounts with your website: Incorporating social media into your website has many advantages. Your company gets the maximum visibility via professionally managed Social Media Marketing. With such a huge and growing user base on all the major social networking sites, they are the largest information sharing platforms after search engines. Appoint a professional to manage your social media business accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others (choose the right Social Media Platforms for your business) to share what you want your audience to know about you. If done right, this can get you more following with growing trustworthiness, authority and brand credibility.
- Optimize images and get a faster page load: Do not limit the optimization process to just textual content – incorporate meaningful and engaging media to share information to your audience. Use images, audio visuals, pod casts, explainer videos – whatever works for your industry. Once they are part of your content, optimize they media files, minimize CSS and improve page speed. It’s crucial factor to improve the visitor experience as well as an optimization factor. Your company logo and other images should be of minimum size (between 20 to 100kb). Lighter images and logos load quicker. A desktop website shouldn’t take more than 3 seconds to load and a mobile webpage less than 5 sec.
- Slot in HTML and XML sitemaps: Incorporate sitemaps for the user and the search engines – add HTML as well as XML sitemaps on your website.
SEO is not all about cramming the site with keywords. As a business owner, you may learn the basics of search engine optimization and incorporate the basics to start with. However, it may take up considerable time to learn the skill and be competently doing it right away. Consult an SEO expert for professional SEO services. A professional consultant will have an answer to every modification that takes place on your website to optimize its search engine visibility. Adhere to the best SEO practices and watch the positive impact on your business!