Are you still not marketing on social media? The remotest of global communities are fast embracing the internet to be connected with the rest of the world. So think again.
When marketing a product, a service or even an idea, we need to follow the audience. And where can we get the maximum audience? Check your immediate circle of friends, relatives, business partners and customers. They all have a strong digital presence, either immediate or indirect. Even for the audience that falls outside the typical social media savvy age group – below fourteen and above 60 (and this is such a misleading age bracket; with the margins are fast fading), they are forced to adapt to social media just for the sake of staying connected with their kith and kin, who are probably located on the other part of the globe!
93% of the internet marketers vouch on social media to bolster their brand image.
Social media has limitless possibilities. At the same time, it presents fierce competition among businesses to woo customers. Every business tries novel techniques to attract consumer attention. The most common social media channels are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest, which are used by maximum business owners to their advantage.
How to use Social Media to your Business’s advantage?
A mere presence on all social networking sites hardly make a difference. One needs to convert profile visitors into customers and profitable leads by implementing effective marketing techniques. Let’s narrow down the top 5 ways in which every business owner can enhance their brand promotion through social media:
- Make an apt use of social media monitoring and listening tools: How people perceive your brand, what are they talking about and where are they talking about is important for your online reputation. Utilize tools like Tweet Deck, Icerocket, Google Alert, Brand 24 and Social Mention to better manage your social media reputation. For example, in twitter whoever is tweeting about your company may not use your hashtag or may not tag you all the time. TweetDeck tracks what is being talked about you and allows you to reply as well, thereby increasing your online presence. Google alert allows business owners in monitoring internet for interesting developments and activities related to their domain. Icerocket focuses on blog searches, while Social Mention and Social searcher collects data from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Photobucket and similar platforms to give you a consolidated report of your social mentions. Make the best use of these free tools to accomplish your task.
- Avoid only @ and overdoing hashtag in twitter: One of the most frequent errors newbies commit on twitter is start a tweet with a @. For example, you tweet “@BBC reporting the Oscar was fantastic”. Your followers who follow BBC can only view that single tweet. .@BBC (period followed by hashtag) is a trick that’ll make your tweet visible to everyone. Again, too many hashtags take away valuable space from a tweet. Hence, given a restricted space of 140 characters, judiciously use it to frame your message/news/information clear, followed by the most appropriate hashtag.
- Use Facebook to reach out to your Audience: Facebook has over 1.65 billion monthly active users. Explains why it has always been a favorite among marketers for business promotion. Where else do you get such an enormous amount of people spending time willingly (even unwillingly out of addiction)? In order to make the best use, check its updates, read reports that analyze user behavior, be abreast with its changing guidelines and advertising protocols. Learn about Professionally managing a Facebook Business Page and ways to engage your audience on Facebook. It is a massive network of user and businesses, and not using the thriving community to talk to us about how we can help improve your Brand and business perform better through Facebook.
- Recognize the optimum times to post on diverse social platforms: This is smart. Share your content on social media when it is most likely to be noticed. Follow the best time frames to post on each social media channels and get the maximum benefit out of your content. Learn about the best time to post on social media for maximum engagement. Afternoons between 1 and 4pm are the most productive time during weekdays, while earlier in the noon works best for weekends. Twitter is most buzzing between noon and 3pm on all weekdays. LinkedIn is most most actively followed at the start of the day between 7:30 and 8:30, at noon again, and then during the tea breaks between 5pm and 6pm. Interestingly, on Tuesdays, LinkedIn is also active between 10 and 11 am. The maximum buzz on Pinterest happens in the lazy hours of 2 and 4 pm, and later in the evening on Saturdays. Instagram users are on the platform throughout the day from Monday through Thursday, and are thinnest only between 3 and 4 in the afternoon.
- YouTube marketing: YouTube as a social channel has huge potential for growth. You Tube can be an important marketing tool that can enormously help you to grow the metrics to your favor. Get your content out there by adding ‘’sub_confirmation’’ to your You Tube URL page and encourage site visitors to subscribe. One can get upto 600% more subscribers by adding text to all of your website links, social shares and emails.
- Widen your email subscription list: You must be wondering how email marketing is related to social media? Well, indirectly, one leads to the other. Use the leads gained from your social media campaigns and engage them into your scheme of things. Why email? Research shows that 42% of the consumers read marketing emails and give serious thought. In content marketing, email and social media go hand in hand.
Social media is a potent tool in creating relationships and staying in touch with your clients and consumers. An effective social media marketing campaign has the potential to turn casual followers into influencers with time. An effective social media campaign allows marketers to target their audience periodically and bring to their attention the opportunities they can offer. And it is an open platform for immediate response from the community. Today social media has become more potent for businesses trying to use the platforms for businesses. Several surveys conducted across the US show that audiences are receptive of advertorials of a certain kind – those that do not sell but inform and show how they can help, or those that have a strong message to society. Hence it widen the horizon for a business to make the best use of the platform both organically and otherwise.
Well hope this helps young entrepreneurs and marketers to explore this vast avenue to reach out to their target audience. What are the guidelines you think I’ve missed out here? Do let us know in the comments.